The Pennsylvania Department of Health has established the following criteria for exclusion of students demonstrating symptoms that suggest communicable diseases and infection conditions:
- Pink Eye - 24 hours after initiation of treatment.
- Strep Throat, Scarlet Fever - 24 hours after initiation of treatment.
- Lice - Until treated with pediculicidal agent. Students who have been excluded must be checked by the nurse before entering the building.
- Chicken Pox - When the last crop of blisters are dried.
- Impetigo, Scabies and Ringworm - Until judged non-infectious by a physician.