Pennsylvania School Code requires school districts to provide a certified school nurse for every 1,500 full-time students. Mars Area School District employs five school nurses, certified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
If your child has a specific health concern that requires nursing services during school hours, contact the School Nurse in your child’s school building. Each School Nurse is trained to answer questions and address parental concerns
Mars Area High School
Mrs. Grechen Baysek, RN, BSN, CSN
Ph: (724) 625-1581, ext. 3318 E-mail: [email protected]
Mars Area Middle School
Mrs. Rebecca Lohr, RN, BSN, CSN
Ph: (724) 625-3145 E-mail: [email protected]
Mars Area Centennial School
Mrs. Kimberly Fox, RN, BSN, CSN
Ph: (724) 625-2601 E-mail: [email protected]
Mars Area Elementary School
Mrs. Julie Cunningham, MSN, RN, CSN
Ph: (724) 625-3161 E-mail: [email protected]
Mars Area Primary Center
Ms. Amy Rodgers, RN, BSN, CSN
Ph: (724) 625-1588 E-mail: [email protected]
To be determined
Ph: (724) 625-1581
To be determined
Ph: (724) 625-2601
School Health Services
Mars Area School District provides the following health services to promote student wellness and reduce health barriers that may influence a student's educational program:
- Implementation of health plans for students with specific health needs.
- Collaboration with parents, school staff and community health agencies.
- Health assessments including health and development history, screenings and evaluations related to growth, vision, hearing and scoliosis.
- Monitoring and evaluation of communicable and nuisance diseases.
- Implementation of state health and immunization laws.
- Monitoring and evaluating body fat using the Body Mass Index (BMI).
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Additional Health Resources