Assistive Volunteers are defined as those who:
- Work directly under the supervision and direction of a District employee; and
- DO NOT have routine interaction with students.
- Individuals who help to plan or conduct classroom celebrations
- Parents/guardians attending book fairs or holiday stores
- Parents/guardians serving as guest readers/presenters in a classroom
All prospective Assistive Volunteers must:
- Submit to an annual scan of their driver’s license to verify that they are not listed on the National Sex Offender Registry; and
Note: In February 2019, Mars Area School District implemented the Raptor Visitor Management System, which requires that all visitors submit to a scan of their driver’s license upon entering a District building. Therefore, prospective assistive volunteers are no longer required to obtain a license scan in advance of the date of volunteering. However, assistive volunteers must complete the required disclosure statement form and may do so at the time of their initial license scan.