Volunteer Coaches/Sponsors are defined as those who:
- Work under the direction or supervision of a coach and/or student activity sponsor employed by the District; and
- Directly supervise or instruct students engaged in the activity or may, from time to time, have or be reasonably expected to have unsupervised contact with students.
- Those serving on the coaching staff of an athletic team;
- Athletic Trainers and/or Equipment Managers;
- Choreographers, musicians and other individuals who provide instruction to students in marching band as well as school musicals or plays.
Anyone interested in serving as Volunteer Coach/Sponsor must:
1. Complete the a District Volunteer Application available below, at each school, or the District’s Administration Office).
PA Criminal History Check (Act 34) — https://epatch.state.pa.us
FBI Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114) — https://uenroll.identogo.co
(To obtain the required service code, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services at 1-877-371-5422 or [email protected].)
Note: The cost of obtaining the required clearances is the responsibility of the volunteer. Act 34 and Act 151 clearances should be free for individuals serving as volunteers. The completed Volunteer Application and copies of all listed clearances must be submitted to Mars Area School Board for approval prior to volunteering. All non-student volunteers must be age 21 or older.
All clearances are only valid for five (5) years from the date listed on the clearance report, not the date that a volunteer submits his/her application to the District. Approved volunteers are required to resubmit valid clearances annually.
Questions regarding how to obtain clearances may be directed to Mrs. Kimberly Albaugh, HR Administrator, at (724) 625-1518, ext. 1512, or [email protected].