Independent Volunteers are defined as those who:
- Work under the general direction and supervision of any District employee; and,
- Provide direct services to students or may, from time to time, have or may be reasonably expected to have unsupervised contact with students.
- Parents/guardians who volunteer at School-Affiliated Organization (SAO)-sponsored activities within school buildings
- Library/Classroom Volunteers
- PTO Building Volunteers
- Individuals who help to manage, officiate and/or perform functions at an athletic event or extracurricular activity
- Volunteer Tutors
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Volunteer who provide counseling and/or health-related services to students.
Anyone interested in serving as Independent Volunteers must:
Mars Area School Board must approve all prospective Independent Volunteers before volunteering can begin. Once the Volunteer Application and copies of all clearances are submitted, all clearances will be verified and the names of those who have met all District requirements will be placed on the next available Board agenda for consideration by the Board.