Special Education Parent Advisory Committee
- Inform parents about special education issues and disabilities;
- Provide trainings for parents;
- Improve communication between administrators, teachers, parents, service providers and community agencies;
- Identify and address systemic issues that impact the delivery of special education services throughout the District;
- Maintain and improve the delivery of best and evidence-based education practices and programs throughout the District.
Committee members meet quarterly; organizing trainings for parents; provide input to the School District; and, advocate for ALL students within Mars Area School District.
New Member Application
Mars Area School District’s Special Education Department is seeking parents interested in serving on the District's Special Education Parent Advisory Committee for the 2021-2022 School Year. To apply, click on the following:
- Special Needs Consortium - https://www.facebook.com/Special-Needs-Consortium-108347124936739
- Parents in Toto Autism Resource Center - https://parentsintoto.org/
Mars SPECIAL EDition Newsletter