Program, please review the information listed at the following link: https://primarycenter.marsk12.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=2743381&type=d&pREC_ID=2411842.
Mars Area School District provides an online pre-registration process for new students, as per the policies and procedures established by District Policy 200 Enrollment of Students, District Policy 201 Admission of Students, and District Policy 202 Eligibility of Non-Resident Students.
TO BEGIN THE ONLINE ENROLLMENT PROCESS, SCROLL DOWN
TO THE MARS AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT LOGO TO GET STARTED.
- Children must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to be eligible for entry into kindergarten.
- Children must be 6 years of age on or before September 1 to be eligible for entry into first grade.
- Children must be residents of Mars Area School District at the time of registration.
The following documents are required and must be uploaded during the online registration process:
- Birth Certificate – A copy of the student’s birth certificate with embossed seal, valid passport, or baptismal record.
- Immunization Records - Pennsylvania School Health Law (28 Pa.CODE CH.23) requires that all children have the required medically appropriate vaccines or a plan to obtain those vaccines or he/she will risk exclusion from school. Immunization records from an authorized health care provider or public health agency (month/day/year is required for all immunization dates) are required.
- Medical Exemption — A physician or physician’s designee must provide a written statement that immunization may be detrimental to the health of the child.
- Religious Exemption — Parent(s)/guardian(s) or an emancipated child must object in writing to the immunization based on contradiction to his/her religious beliefs.
- Philosophical/Strong Moral or Ethical Conviction Exemption — Parent(s)/ guardian(s) or an emancipated child must object in writing to the immunization based on his/her personal beliefs.
- Parent/Guardian Proof of Residency - One of the following documents must be uploaded:
- Original lease signed by both parties
- Utility bill or utility activation statement within 30 days in your name with your current address (energy, water, sewer, gas, oil)
- Agreement of sale, followed by original copy of settlement papers within 45 calendar days of settlement
- Real Estate Tax bill (most recent) with your current address
- Occupancy Permit
The following documents are not required for all new registrations; but, when applicable, must be uploaded during the registration process:
- Physical Exam – Required for all kindergarten students and any students new to Pennsylvania. A physical examination must be completed by a physician and the forms may be uploaded during the registration process. (Note: This form must be submitted prior the first day of school and is not required to complete the registration process.)
- Dental Exam – Required for all kindergarten students and any students new to Pennsylvania. A dental examination must be completed by a dentist and the forms must be uploaded during the registration process.
(Note: This form must be submitted prior the first day of school and is not required to complete the registration process.)
- Legal Custody/Guardianship Documents – A copy of any legal documents, pertaining to custody of the child, must be uploaded during the registration process. This includes divorce decrees and temporary legal guardianship papers. If the child is his/her own legal guardian, he/she must be present to register. If a student is over age 18, then this documentation is not necessary.
- Report Card/Official Transcript — If the student is transferring from another school district, the last-issued report card and/or official school transcript may be uploaded during the registration process.
- Special Education Documents — If the student has an documentation pertaining to special education, such documents (e.g. most current IEP, 504 Plan, Individual Health Plan, assessment reports, etc. ) may be uploaded during the registration process.
- Course Selection Forms (Grades 7-12) — If the student is registering for secondary school (Grades 7-12), parents/guardians are asked to complete and upload (during the registration process) the appropriate Course Selection forms, available at each school building or via the following links:
- Mars Area Middle School Course Selection— https://middleschool.marsk12.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=799454&type=d&pREC_ID=1413618
- Mars Area High School Course Selection— https://highschool.marsk12.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=800048&type=d&pREC_ID=1189679
ONLINE STUDENT ENROLLMENT
Families NEW to Mars Area School District
Families, who are new to Mars Area School District, may click on the following link to begin the New Student Enrollment process and request a Skyward account:
Once completed, Mars Area School District will send an e-mail providing login credentials (username and password) to complete the registration process. Each of the six (6) step in the process must be completed in order to move to the next step.
Please be sure to fill in all information carefully, accurately, and completely to the best of your knowledge. Also, be sure to click "Complete" after each step of the application to move to the next step. After all steps have been completed, you must click the "Submit Application to District" button for your application to be processed.
To enroll more than one student, select the “Click to Enroll Additional Students” button after submitting the first application.
Families Building or Buying a Home within Mars Area School District
Families, who are building or buying a home in the Mars Area School District and want to request enrollment for a child prior to when District residency is established, must contact the Registrar's Office at (724) 625-1518 ext. 1510, to secure a Future Resident Form prior to completing the online registration process.
Families Who Reside with a District Family
Families, who reside with a Mars Area School District resident, must contact the Registrar's Office at (724) 625-1518 ext. 1510, to secure a Dual Occupancy Certificate prior to completing the online registration process. Note: Multiple occupancies will be validated periodically.
Mars Area School District utilizes the Stopfinder Parent Engagement App, which provides parents/guardians with access to accurate, up-to-date information regarding students' school bus schedules.
When transportation is assigned, the student's primary parent/guardian will receive an e-mail invitation to sign up for the Stopfinder App. Parents/guardians will have three (3) days from the receipt of the e-mail invitation to create a Stopfinder account.
For more information, visit https://www.marsk12.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=794181&type=d&pREC_ID=2297983.
Mrs. Kris Barr
Ph: (724) 625-1518, ext. 1510
E-mail: [email protected]