Mars Area School District has received several calls from parents/guardians, noting that they are unable to locate e-mail messages sent through the District’s mass notification system.
District and/or school messages are distributed to all parents/guardians at the e-mail addresses listed in the Skyward Family Access Portal. We ask that all parents/guardians review and/or update your contact information in Skyward to ensure that the District has your correct contact information on file. Directions for updating contact information in Skyward are available online at https://www.marsk12.org/apps/news/article/735799.
We remind all parents/guardians that the “From” address in e-mail messages received from the District will always read “MASDnoreply@marsk12.org.” E-mail messages received from the individual schools will read:
- Mars Area High School – MAHSnoreply@marsk12.org
- Mars Area Middle School – MAMSnoreply@marsk12.org
- Mars Area Centennial School – MACSnoreply@marsk12.org
- Mars Area Elementary School – MAESnoreply@marsk12.org
- Mars Area Primary Center – MAPCnoreply@marsk12.org
Please note that there are a few reasons that you may not be receiving e-mail messages from the District and/or its schools:
- As messages are sent via the District’s notification system, many e-mail providers mark such mass communications as SPAM; therefore, we ask that you check your “Spam” and other such folders to verify that District and/or school messages are not being placed there automatically. If this is the case, you may need to adjust your e-mail settings to accept message from the District and its schools. (Any message sent directly from a building principal, teacher or staff members should not be affected by Spam filters.)
- If multiple individuals in your household have access to the same e-mail account, there may be a chance that a family member may have deleted a District and/or school e-mail message prior to your viewing it. We ask that you check with your family members to be sure that they did not delete the message.
- At the bottom of each e-mail message sent by the District and/or its schools, the District’s notification system lists an “Unsubscribe” link. Please note that, by clicking on this “Unsubscribe” link, the notification system will register your e-mail address as “Blocked” and you will no longer receive any e-mail notifications from the District or its schools. If you may have clicked “Unsubscribe” in error and need to be removed from the “Blocked” list, please contact your child's school building directly to reactivate your e-mail address. If you do not wish to receive e-mails from the District and its schools, please contact your child's building principal.
Once each e-mail message is sent, District and school administrators review the “broadcast report” generated by the notification system. The report lists the date and time of when an e-mail message has been “Opened” by the recipient; has been “Delivered” to the individual’s e-mail provider; or has been “Blocked” by the parent/guardian and/or an e-mail provider for any reason. In emergency or other urgent situations, the District will make every attempt to contact parents/guardian with “Blocked” e-mail addresses by other means. Any specific concerns regarding the receipt of District and/or school communications may be addressed to your child's building principal.
Mars Area School District appreciates your patience and cooperation as we continue to strive to provide all parents/guardians with the most timely and accurate information, as it becomes available. Thank you.
Mars Area School District