All Schools (K-12) - "Unity Week"
- All Schools (K-12) - "Unity Week"
- Mars Area High School | Mars Area Middle School | Mars Area Centennial School | Mars Area Elementary School | Mars Area Primary Center
Mars Area School District students (Grades K-12) will join in various Unity Week activities and theme days, Monday, Nov. 12, through Friday, Nov. 16:
- Monday, Nov. 12 — Veteran’s Day — Students are asked to wear red, white and blue colors.
- Tuesday, Nov. 13 — International Day of Kindness — Students may wear red and are challenged to complete “Acts of Kindness” throughout the day.
- Wednesday, Nov. 14 — “Rachel’s Challenge Day” — Students are asked to wear white in support of the District’s positive school climate initiative.
- Thursday, Nov. 15 — National Children’s Grief Awareness Day — Students may wear blue colors to create awareness about the needs of children who are grieving because of the loss of a parent, sibling or other close family member.
- Friday, Nov. 16 — International Day of Tolerance & Acceptance — Students are asked to wear tie-dye t-shirts.
The themes for Unity Week were developed by members of the Mars Area Middle School FOR (Friends of Rachel) Club. Daily activities may vary per building.
For more information, contact the individual school building.