Athletics Health & Safety Plan
Mars Area School District is making every attempt to safeguard the participants and staff of the District's athletic programs, following recommended precautions from federal, state and local governments as well as the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH), the National Federation of High Schools (NFHS), the National Federation of High Schools (NFHS), and the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA). The District has developed an Athletics Health & Safety Plan (provided below) that outline the District's plan for reintroducing athletic programs to Mars Area School District.
Note: As knowledge regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) is continuously changing and new information and treatments become available, the recommendations listed below will be adjusted, as needed, to decrease the risk of exposure for our staff, students, and spectators.
Mars Area School District reserves the right to adjust and implement precautionary methods as necessary to decrease the risk of exposure for our staff, students, and spectators. Some precautionary methods in the Mars Area School District Athletics Health & Safety Plan include, but may not be limited to:
- Health screenings prior to any practice, event, or team meeting with participation in the activities being limited and/or prohibited where an individual displays positive responses or symptoms.
- Encourage social distancing and promote healthy hygiene practices such as hand washing, using hand sanitizer, etc.
- Intensify cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation in all facilities.
- Educate Athletes, Coaches, and Staff on health and safety protocols.
- Require Athletes and Coaches to provide their own water bottle for hydration.