Skip to main content

Mars Area School District

Mobile Menu Toggle

Free School Meals Offered Through Remainder of School Year

Mars Area School District has received authorization from the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) to provide free breakfast and lunch to all children, up to and including age 18, through the end of the 2020-2021 School Year.

For those students participating in Traditional Instruction, no action is required. Students will not be charged for complete meals in the school cafeterias. Charges will apply for optional a la carte items or partial meals.

Students who opted for Live-Stream Interactive (LSI) Instruction or enrollment in Mars Area Cyber Academy as well as all other children not attending Mars Area School District schools are also eligible for free meals. Parents/guardians will need to pick up the meals at the School District.

Parents/guardians, who wish to pick-up meals, must contact Bridget Buyna, Food Service Director, at







In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:                                                              

  1. Mail:

    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW 
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.