High School - Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- High School - Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- 9/17/2021, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Mars Area Middle School
Mars Area High School will hold its 2021 Mars Area Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 17, at Mars Area Middle School.
- Heidi Brandon, swimming/diving (coach)
- Joel Brooks, cross counry/track & field (Class of 1983)
- Mallory Bugel, soccer (Class of 2004)
- Steve Cress, basketball (Class of 2009)
- Tim Curran, baseball (Class of 1992)
- Chuck Green, football (Class of 1997)
- David McElhinny, basketball/ track & field (Class of 1988)
- Ryan McKenzie, soccer (Class of 2010)
- Austin Miele, football (Class of 2011)
- Zach Rosswog, football (Class of 2004)
- Courtney Shields, swimming (Class of 2009)
- Rachel Szymkowiak, swimming (Class of 2009)
- 2009-2010 Boys Varsity Hockey Team
- 2010-2011 Boys Varsity Hockey Team
All inductees will also be recognized at approximately 6:30 p.m., prior to the Fightin’ Planets football game against the Highlands Golden Rams at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 17, at Mars Athletic Complex.
The Mars Area Sports Hall of Fame recognizes those individuals who have distinguished themselves in athletics during and beyond their years at Mars Area School District. Nominations are accepted through April 15 of the previous school year.
For more information, visit https://www.marsk12.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1314957&type=d&pREC_ID=1187992.